Everything You Need to Know About PVC ID Cards
What are PVC cards??
PVC or polyvinyl chloride is a durable plastic polymer used for many purposes. We can see it in many areas of our home. It is a material used in countless items we utilize every day. On records, there are utmost 40
million tons of PVC are produced each year, making it the most used polymer of its kind.
One widely known item made from PVC is ID Cards. It is 100% recommended material for custom ID cards because of the efficiency and security it provides. Well, aside from being a durable and flexible material. A PVC ID card has the easiest ability to adapt to printing all text prints, as well as photographs and graphics that would keep your business security up high. We can add holographic imprints and watermarks to heighten security and vulnerability to faking.
Using a PVC ID Card does not only mean that your company badge is hard to reproduce. But it also boosts the professional image of your organization. They are proven to be flawless as regards ink print output. Every detail is accurate as designed. And you cannot be worried about any smudges or bleeding after printing or being exposed to some heat.
Aside from that, a visitor can have an immense first impression of your capability as an organization or service provider with upfront PVC ID cards or custom VIP passes. They say first impressions are imperative and are fundamental to sealing a deal, whether big or small, now or in the future. With the PVC custom ID cards’ smooth and faultless printing output, you can enhance your visitor's and employees' experience, making them feel like VIPs.
Another thing wherefor most agencies opt for a custom plastic ID cards other than the security and quality it provides is its cost-effectiveness. In regards to the high benefits anyone can get using PVC ID cards, it does not and will not cost you a lot of fortune. All these benefits and creating a good name for a company is what most business owners deliberate about having PVC ID cards.
How to Print on PVC Cards?
Whether you want to print a custom ID card, a business card, or a gift card, or if you need to have a functioning barcode on your cards, you have to think about the things you necessitate. For any reason, you should first think about the equipment required. If you cannot provide all those, then it is time to think of contacting a vendor.
Here are some tips and facts about printing PVC cards:
- 1.Have a printer intended for plastic cards. Unlike paper, PVC cards need an appropriate printer to be able to achieve the output you want. It might have a different turnout if run through a regular inkjet printer or a laser printer. You might not get your desired product when you use an ordinary printer at home or office.
- 2.Do not forget about the PVC cards themselves. Of course, you have to have your plastic PVC cards if you want to print your own. Prices may range from sizes to colors and the type of finish selected. Additionally, you need to consider the number of pieces you would like to buy. Buying in bulk or portion can present you with a different price range.
- 3.You have to deal with a trial-and-error phase. If this is your first time, you probably need time to practice or give yourself space for some errors. Better arrange several PVC cards for your trial-and-error phase so that you will not be wasting too much of your resources.
Printing on PVC Cards
- 1.Gather everything you need. For custom printed event badges using an inkjet printer you have to have the following: Inkjet printable PVC sheets, Inkjet printer, laminator, sheet cutter, and ID card cutter.
- 2.Prepare the design or image you want to print. Make sure that it fits the paper size you prepared or bought. Set the paper type and size accordingly as well.
- 3.Position the paper on the inkjet printer. Double-checking not to print on the protective side of the PVC sheet.
- 4.Click on the print command and wait for the printer to finish printing.
- 5.If you have a backside design, just repeat the process of printing.
- 6.Let it dry for a few minutes.
- 7.When both sides are ready. Peel off the plastic covering the hard PVC sheet that goes between the front and back PVC sheets.
- 8.Place the front and backside PVC sheets back-to-back and align with the thicker PVC sheet in between them.
- 9.Turn on the lamination machine and set it to 140 degrees Celsius. You may adjust the temperature of the laminating equipment according to the thickness of the PVC sheet.
- 10.When the laminating machine prompts that it is ready, it is time to feed the PVC sheets on the feeder area. Make sure to laminate both sides of the PVC sheet.
- 11.Let the PVC sheets cool down.
- 12.Peel off the PVC protective film and start to cut out the cards using a paper cutter or ID card cutter.
What are PVC ID card sizes?
There are a variety of PVC ID card sizes available. There are only a few differences actually, but knowing the right PVC custom ID card size for you makes a lot more difference to the output of your card. As the size is a very crucial point in emphasizing the purpose of the card. At the same time, it primarily helps to identify what printer or system can best provide your desired product.
- a.Standard Size – A credit card is one reference for the standard size for an IDC card or PVC ID card. It measures 2.5”x 3.375”. This size is mostly used for custom ID badge for schools and workplaces. It is also widely preferred for access control cards, time and attendance tracking cards. Library, membership, reward, and loyalty cards also usually have the standard ID card sizes.
- b.Key card – This type of card size measures 2” x 1”. It has a hole in its upper center that allows it to be attached to a key ring holder or a lanyard.
- c.Event Badge – This type of badge card is larger than the first two types, measuring at 4” x 3”. It gives users a more visible and larger sight of the custom event badge. They are easily seen even at a far distance. And provide ample space for a detailed plastic event badges design. Together with all the essential information regarding the event, such as the event logo. This is why this size is preferably used for events, such as concerts, conferences, conventions, and tradeshows.
- d.Government Card – This type of card size is larger than the standard size type. Since most of the users of this card size are government officers such as the military and officials in government institutions, they need to be large enough to be seen at a far distance. This card measures 2.625” x 3.875”.
Where Can I Have Custom Id Cards Made?
Today, there are many avenues where we can avail of a good quality custom PVC ID card. Here are two of the best places where you can find what custom ID badge you are looking for.
At present, Amazon is one of the largest marketplaces online. Several manufacturers offer ID card printing on Amazon, too. They have their different offers and specialty. With that, Amazon is one easy way to work your way around finding the perfect custom badge cards producer for you. If you need only a limited quantity of ID cards, like one or two, Amazon is the right choice.
If you are looking for a professional ID card producer online, then 4inlanyard is what you are looking for. We are a team of experienced custom printed ID cards manufacturers that provides all the possible details about ID cards. We have been in the industry specializing in producing lanyards, ID cards, badge reels and many more. We also offer a bulk price package for custom ID cards in bulk orders. Indeed, a good choice for large organizations and event sponsors.
How to Order Custom ID Card Online?
With 4inlanyards easy-to-operate online customization ordering system, you only need a few seconds before you can complete your custom event badges no minimum purchase.
- 1. Click on the “ID Card” column of the website at 4inlanyards.com.
- 2. You will be directed to the ordering page for custom ID lanyards.
- 3. On the upper part of the page, you will see a price chart that indicates the pricing for each quantity ordered.
- 4. Proceed to select ID card size. There are five sizes available: 3.94”x5.51”, 3.54”x5.12”, 3.15”x 4.72”, 2.75”x 3.94”, 2.12”x 3.38”.
- 5. Then select your card finishing: glossy, frosted, or matte.
- 6. Choose your PVC orientation: vertical or horizontal.
- 7. Pick a hole style: oval, round, double, or no hole.
- 8. After the above, you can now upload your back and front layout or design.
- 9. You can also indicate any specific information or detail about your ID card in this section.
- 10. Select desired delivery date.
- 11. Review your order details and then place the order directly
There you have it! Get ready to receive a confirmation email from their customer service representative together with the final layout of your custom plastic event badges.
For your event ID badge needs, 4inlanyard is the professional team giving you the best solution possible. Check on their website!